The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities (72 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants from 173 countries. (Kuota for Norwegian 1 (one) applicants, Icelanders 1 (one) applicants).
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 121 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
For the academic year 2018 – 2019, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia. The program will commence in September 2018. Detailed information concerning the scholarship and the necessary forms can be downloaded from the links below.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
Online registration will proceed starting from 18 December 2017 until 18 February 2018, following with interview at Indonesian Embassy in Oslo between 19 February – 9 March 2018.
- Online registration – 18 December 2017 until 18 February 2018
- Interview at Indonesian Embassy in Oslo, Norway – 19 February 2018 until 9 March 2018
- First Option and Academic Selection – 12 March 2018 until 19 March 2018
- Second Option and Academic Selection – 20 March 2018 until 24 March 2018
- The Selection Result announcement – 16 April 2018
- Participation Confirmation – 16 April 2018 – 16 May 2018
- Submitting Flight itinerary– 16 April 2018 until 1 August 2018
- Indonesian Language preparation courses at Indonesian Embassy in Oslo (July- August 2018)
- Darmasiswa RI orientation program (at the end of August 2018)
- Program Commencement – Early September 2018
This schedule may change any time
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018).
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution/Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable).
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
Please find further information and application form below:
Darmasiswa official website: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/
Registration online: http://apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/
Leaflet Darmasiswa (Download here)
Poster Darmasiswa (Download here)
List of Places of Study: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/list-of-darmasiswa-university/
See the regulations: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/regulations/
The candidates from NORWAY and ICELAND could contact the Information, Social and Cultural Section of the Embassy with Ms. Dilla Trianti, email firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com or phone (+47) 22 12 51 30.
Good luck for your application!!